Monday, January 30, 2006

Where Were You 20 Years Ago?

Please take a moment with me to remember the lives of the seven astronauts that lost their lives 20 years ago when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded over the coast of Florida. This is a story that I wrote for work this week, that I wanted to share here as well. I apologize for the non-baseball post, but - occasionally - things go beyond baseball and this is one of those instances.

My grandfather has Pearl Harbor.

My dad has JFK.

I have the Space Shuttle Challenger.

They are the memories that stay with you forever, those "where were you when" moments that every generation – unfortunately – experiences. Twenty years ago Saturday, the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after take-off killing all seven crewmembers.


Continue reading "Where Were You Twenty Years Ago".

This article was originally published in Connect2 OWU, a publication by the Ohio Wesleyan University Office of Public Relations.

No comments: